Wednesday, September 29, 2010

tuna flakes in a coffee mug

27th November 2007.Somewhere between Australia & Papua New Guinea.

Mum was sad.She wouldn't look me in the eyes as I threw my backpack on and turned to go through Immigration.I bit my tongue to stop the tears from rushing to the surface.

Emotions are a fucking bastard sometimes,actually most of the time.

27th November 2007.Papua New Guinea.In-Transit.
 Young Fil-Oz girls flick their bleached tresses as their Filipina mothers scowl nastily at one another.All in a bid to see whos half-bred daughter is the prettiest of them all.

I sit here,crossed legged on a seat that barely accomodates my ass.My headphones injecting my ears with the Kings of Leon because I don't want to listen to them ear fucking my personal space with,"your daughter is so beautiful"..."darling you are far more prettier than those other girls"..."you should be an actress in the Philippines"...such and such.So and so.

Secretly,I want to stand on my chair and yell "Listen bitches,we're all half breds,we all usually end up looking the same and we have the same fucking accent that everybody mocks at one stage or another...move on".

Instead,I sit here,a silent cynical bitch.

The pen scrawls across the page,whilst people tap away at their laptop keys.Once again I'm the "lo-fi" idiot writing in her journal like an 18th-Century freak.

Life has made me a bitter rambler.

No comments: