Friday, October 15, 2010

na-na-nanananana BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

July 3rd 2006


After a pilgrimage to SPOTLIGHT to buy some buttons, I have come back with a story. I like stories.

Whilst perusing the buttons making a choice and than moving onto the fabric, a little girl ran past me. She was probably only about 5 or 6 years old, had dark curly hair and gigantic brown eyes…so so so CUTE, but that’s not the point. This little girl was wearing a BATMAN costume [sample of costume,left]. It was a grey Lycra full suit with black outer “undies”, boots, belt and the BATMAN symbol on her chest. She was totally in BATMAN-mode and didn’t really care about anything else.

I stared at her and thought, “That little girl is SO rad”.As she ran past me again [singing "NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAA BATMANNNN BATMANNNN BATMANNNNN!"], she saw me looking at polka-dot fabric that was black and yellow. She stopped next to me and said “HEY! That’s the colours of BATMAN!” and I said “Yeh! It is too” realising she was correct. She curiously asked me “Do you like BATMAN?” glaring at me anxiously hoping I did like BATMAN too and I replied “YEH! I love BATMAN; I have BATMAN comics, T-Shirts and some other stuff…. I think he’s way better than SPIDERMAN or SUPERMAN”. Her cute cow eyes almost blew out of her head due to the excitement of talking to somebody who was as enthusiastic about BATMAN as she was.

She stood there for about 5 minutes talking about BATMAN. For a girl that was around 6 years old, she knew A LOT about BATMAN. She knew all the characters, she knew about the story plot and she even recited phrases from the movie. During mid-sentence about how she wished she had a bat mobile to go to the beach in, she stopped and looked at the hoodie I was wearing. She read the words printed on my hoodie “MY PIRATE AD…. ADVENTURE”. Once again, her eyes popped out of her head and she almost yelled at me “I LOVE PIRATES!! DO YOU LOVE PIRATES TOOOO??” and I said, “I think Pirates are the best people on earth!!” and she replied “I LIKE HOW PIRATES GO ARRRRR ME MATEYS!”

I stood there listening to her continued Pirate-accent speech and thinking to myself  “If only abducting a child wasn’t illegal and morally wrong….”.

No comments: