Friday, October 15, 2010

ghetto booty

August 8th 2006

Today in between running errands, I went clothes shopping with Mum.

One thing I hate about clothes shopping is trying clothes on. It bores me. I’d rather look at the item and go "I LOVE IT!”, purchase it and leave the store...I'm kinda a "guy" in those terms. I have no patience for...

"oh I'll ring my boyfriend and see what he thinks I should do.... I’ll have to think some more about it...I'll try it on 50 times until I bust the seams of it"...

My theory is if you like it, you buy it. If you need to think about it then it's probably not what you want. I also don't like it when shop assistants come tapping on the doors asking if you're ok for sizes etc.I don't like being harassed, I just want to be left alone. I don't need somebody to sell me something. If I want it, I’ll get it. If I don't want it, no amount of sales pressure can crack me. Actually, trying-on and buying clothes is really stressful for me. Haha.

Today my Mum made me try clothes on.

So I hesitantly wandered off to the change rooms, my arms loaded with a variety of clothing and sales assistants eyeing me off.
As I fumbled around in the changeroom, trying to fit this skirt on I yelled out at the top of my lungs...

"MUM!!!!! IT DOESN'T FIT MY GHETTO BOOTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"....

Suddenly I remembered random people in a public change room surrounded me.

...Yet another reason why I don't like trying clothing on.

No comments: