Wednesday, March 28, 2012

dust of ages

Earlier I was watching teevs,something I don't really do much just because usually I'd rather be making stuff,but mindlessly sitting in front of the tv is needed sometimes I think.


Anyways,I was flicking from station to station & stopped on a portion of a show where this elderly gent sat on his back verandah & talked about his life,his wife who had passed away & the fact that he was 86 years old.


It wasn't so much his stories,but his general air of sadness that really bothered me. That heavy feeling of melancholy washes over me when I see or meet elderly people who are sad. To be that age,to have lived that long & at the end of it all be sad is...heartbreaking. I sat on the couch crying & wanting to give the old man a hug.


Life is weird like that I guess & old age is something that terrifies me. Not the fact of getting old,but being old,alone & sad. I want to be old & happy. I don't want to be an old woman tinged with sadness & regret. I want to be one of those fierce old crazy women who laughs til the very end,is surrounded by family + friends & looks back on life with a gleam in her eye.

2 comments:

georgina said...

me too x
love that image you included too - very apt.

Unknown said...

I have no doubt in my mind that if you lead a fierce, exciting & highly enjoyable life you'll laugh all the way to the end:) That's the dream anyway!

ps: on another note. Love your totally awesome designs!! I'm going to shop up a storm..

Sunshine & Sweetness
Tink- www.tinksimplicity.com