Saturday, September 11, 2010

that drunken love bitch

I wrote this sometime last year,it's sometimes nice to read back to a time & place when I could see things from a different perspective.


.................................................................


Lately love has hoisted its ugly/pretty head in my life, not in the form of a person, but as a reality in our days. The past year I've been trying to focus more on love for all & myself as opposed to being in love with one.





My "being in love with one" efforts within the past 12 months have brought me to some pretty fucked up endings of physical wounds & emotional retardation, followed by “I’m going to stay single forever” only to throw myself back into the revolting world of love.




But maybe that’s what it all is; those periods of time where you try out “love” with a new person & even though you know its ugly love, you still tell yourself it’s as real as an exquisite unicorn frolicking over a shimmering rainbow. Oh, the beauty of self denial.




I like to see it as the love that is a drunk, hazily snoozing off its hangover in the gutters between the years of actual love. And even though it’s hideous & it injures, you still need to smile at the bitch. You need to spend some time with it in its entire foulness in order to realise that rare occurrence when genuine love does enter your life.

1 comment:

Asha Kidd said...

ugly love, i hear ya buddy.