Monday, September 6, 2010

living on the outskirts of awesome





Lately I've been looking through old photos from living overseas,traveling overseas or road tripping & running amok in Australia from the age of 16 through to 25. Everything used to be so spontaneous,days filled with laughter,sunshine & usually an injury of some kind from a stupid,but hilarious decision been made.

I miss those days of insanity.I miss the adventure & living out of my backpack.I miss meeting different people with different stories.I miss being thrown out into the world & flourishing.
I miss being fearless & thriving on the anticipation of the unknown.I miss the passion that consumed me & wouldn't allow me to sleep because I wanted to do so much in my life.

I miss being awesome.I used to be awesome,I believed I was awesome,but now I don't believe it,nor do I feel it.



Every single day now I force myself to participate in life,but I don't really have any passion behind it.It's just staying alive,but not living & that really bothers me.

A fresh new day greets me,I roll over in my bed & I wish I could give a shit,even just a little bit.

I miss me.

2 comments:

Asha Kidd said...

Don't make me cry! Damn you!

millie said...

awww!!! i didn't mean to make you cry. i'm just trying to wade through the shit of a broken heart & broken head.